Celtic Go Easy On The Tribute Act/Celtic 2-0 Sevco5088 League Cup Semi-Final 1st Feb 2015 ………..


After all the hype all the build up for months the game arrived to be honest when I seen that pitch at Hampden I wasnt holding out hope for a game of skill..the fans filled the old stadium and the Celtic fans were in good voice, the sevco mob seemed subdued, id say the nerves were heightened for them by the fact it has been 3 yrs since they played a game against scotlands most successful team…

So the moment had come and the battle lines were drawn kick-off time was upon us it started really frantic and first exchanges were scrappy on a terrible pitch for a semi final it’s s bit embarrassing, celtic had a lot of possession and sevco were chasing shadows, the gulf between the 2 sides evident in the first 10 mins, celtic would score the first goal from a brilliant header from Lee Griffiths a man Ronnie Deila has put his faith in..booked for celebrating are you having a giraffe lol but seriously it spoils the biggest part of the game scoring a goal….

Celtic passed the ball well and we’re dominating, a brilliant move ended in a thunderbolt strike from Commons who remains an important player for the hoops Peter lawell has to open the purse strings to keep this little magician..

Im sitting waiting in anticipation of the second half, no mercy like I said in a previous post, they don’t deserve respect, more goals is the agenda let’s go..see you soon ,well that was a fun half no goals and celtic lay off their opponents, what did I say no mercy obviously Ronnie wasent listening lol. No matter we controlled this half and sevco didn’t even get a shot on-goal,has big…..Craig Gordon had to save a shot he could have got the deck chair out….


2 nd half’s got a bit meaty with the challenges, with elbows McGregor and Ian Black being dirty as hell broonie sorted them though pointing to the scoreboard several times after challenges to remind them who the daddy was,ive never witnessed such a one-sided football match,the gulf between us and them is huge, I don’t think they will ever be in our league quite literally…..

Anyway it’s done, I’m reading today there was generally only 20 odd arrests and not much trouble so I’m glad about that,the final against Dundee utd in 6 weeks is something to look forward too, the bhoys were brilliant yesterday right through the team, denayer and van dyk bossed the defence broonie and Johansen had the sevco mob in there back pocket and the 2 goals were brilliant, Lee Griffiths has made the striker role his own and Chris commons goal was a rocket,we have to sign the guy for another 2 yrs if that’s what he can do,many happy hoops today not so many happy zombies, that’s the first and last time we will play them, its history now, on to the final in march hh god bless



Police Scotland


Event Commander – Chief Superintendent Andy Bates, said after the game:
“As usual the vast majority of the 50,000 fans were here to enjoy the game and support their respective team; they deserve credit for their excellent behaviour. However, again, it is the minority of fans who spoiled the occasion by for example setting off flares and singing sectarian songs.

“We dealt with any incidents swiftly and with minimum disruption. As at 1700 hours, 19 men have been arrested for a number of offences – mostly alleged minor public order offences but include 10 arrests for alleged sectarian BOPs.”

Break down:
11 men to appear at Glasgow Sheriff Court on Monday 2 February
5 men are the subject of a report to the Procurator Fiscal
3 men have been issued with a fixed penalty notice



Scottish League Cup, presented by QTS
Hampden Park
Sunday, February 1, 2015

(Griffiths 9, Commons 30)


CELTIC strode confidently into the final of the Scottish League Cup, presented by QTS, with a comfortable and assured 2-0 win over Rangers today (Sunday) at Hampden.An early goal from Leigh Griffiths sent the Hoops support into raptures before a Kris Commons thunderbolt from 25 yards sealed the win.The Celts were forced to work hard for the victory in the second half but stood strong through the hard graft of their back line and captain, Scott Brown, to carry Ronny Deila to his first cup final as Celtic manager.

The Bhoys had secured their place in today’s tie with a crushing 6-0 win over Partick Thistle at Paradise in October and went into the game in confident mood after recording four wins and four clean sheets in the league since the turn of the year.Ronny Deila made two changes to the team which beat Ross County in the league last weekend, with Anthony Stokes replacing John Guidetti and Mikael Lustig coming in for Adam Matthews.

The game started at a frenetic pace but it was Celtic out of the two who settled first. The opening stages saw the Bhoys begin to develop their passing style and push the Ibrox side back down the flanks.Griffiths and Lustig both supplied early crosses but there were no takers. Griffiths would then turn from creator to goalscorer in a matter of minutes, however, as the Celts raced into the lead within 10 minutes.Stefan Johansen collected the ball on the right wing and turned towards goal before floating a tempting cross to the back post.

Griffiths leapt well to out-jump both his markers to meet the ball with his head and cushion it beyond Steve Simonsen. The striker then wheeled away in euphoric celebration as he put the Hoops in front.Rangers began to play better after the restart and used a good spell of possession to carry the ball into Celtic territory. Kenny Miller hassled and harried in the lone striker role but the combination of Jason Denayer and Virgil van Dijk snuffed out any hint of a threat. Celtic regained their foothold, however, and began to force Rangers back again.Stokes picked up possession on the left and cut inside onto his right but his shot fizzed over the bar.

The effort from the Irishman was off target but it was another warning from Celtic and they went 2-0 up just moments later when Scott Brown did brilliantly to dig the ball out on the edge of the Rangers box and win it back for the Hoops.The captain looked to have been fouled in the area and went down in the box but he had done enough to set up Commons who took a touch to steady himself before unleashing an unstoppable drive from 25 yards into the back of the net and put Celtic 2-0 up.

The strike was an instant classic from the Hoops attacker and was well-deserved on the
balance of play.Van Dijk then almost made it three when he rose to meet a Stokes corner from the left as half-time approached but his header went just over the bar. Stefan Johansen then had a chance cleared off the line as Celtic threatened to run riot but the half-time whistle spared the Ibrox men’s blushes.

The Ibrox side switched Fraser Aird for Jon Daly for the second half but the Bhoys maintained their dominance after the restart. Commons tested Simonsen early with a drive from distance which the keeper spilled but gathered at the second attempt.Good play from Commons won a free kick for the Bhoys around 30 yards out but Griffiths’ shot from the set-piece curled wide.Celtic had shouts for a penalty waved away on 50 minutes when Griffiths hit the ground under the weight of a challenge from Lee Wallace in the box but nothing was given.John Guidetti then replaced Griffiths up front as the Hoops fought to regain their place in the game as the clock ticked down.

James Forrest also relieved Stokes of his duties for the afternoon as the Bhoys chased a third.Celtic captain Scott Brown continued to drive his team forward by winning the ball deep in Rangers territory and always being available for his own defence.Celtic carved out a good chance with 10 minutes left after Guidetti latched onto a through ball but the Swede was eventually stopped in the box after dancing through a string of tackles.

Forrest then linked up cleverly with Commons as he used his pace to burst through the Rangers back line but his chipped cross curled out.Adam Matthews then replaced Lustig, who had been booked in the first half, as the Celts sought to remain in control of the match, though Man of the Match, Scott Brown, earned a late booking for a challenge on Ian Black.The full-time whistle signalled celebrations from the Celtic players, management and support, who now have a Scottish League Cup final to look forward to next month.

CELTIC (4-2-3-1) Gordon; Lustig (Matthews 84), Denayer, van Dijk, Izaguirre; Brown, Bitton, Commons, Johansen, Stokes (Forrest 73); Griffiths (Guidetti 69).
Not used: Zaluska, Ambrose, Scepovic, Henderson.

RANGERS: Simonsen; Smith, Aird (Daly 45), Wallace, McCulloch; Law, Black, Hutton, Forster, McGregor; Miller (Clark 80)
Not used: Templeton, Boyd, Faure, Shiels, Robinson.

About Maclad1888

THE CELTIC FOOTSOLDIERS MACLAD1888 The blog was setup over 6 years ago its mainly about celtic football club and the great fans ,but olso the wider footballing issues in scotland like Rangers fc deceased 1873-2012-and there piriah club Sevco .... its always developing and its not the finished article theres pages at the top which are works in progress..the core off the blog is fully operational and theres more than enough for people to get through,im always adding stuff.so enjoy it and share...this club off ours is very special its like no other and the celtic family is worldwide hh and god bless YNWA
This entry was posted in Celtic Football Club and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.