3 Wins 1 draw 10 Goals For 1 Against..And A Nice Shiney Cup!!!Before a Ball was kicked I said in an earlier post the law of averages would see us maybe lose at least one of the games against Dundee Utd,how wrong i was the first game ended in draw 1-1 in the Scottish cup a bruising encounter that saw 3 players sent off,and effectively set the tone for what was to follow in the coming weeks in the other games,a bit of a rivalry has been built up between the two clubs and all the games had needle,of course Celtic came out of the ties the happiest with a cup final win 2-0 ,a Scottish cup replay victory 4-0 and a league win yesterday 3-0 …ten goals scored 1 conceded….
Over the four games 6 players were sent off and a list of offences in the games added to the suspense,at the end of the day Celtic were fitter and mentally more up for all 4 games ,united had a bit of fight in the first cup tie but Celtic showed their class in the following 3 fixtures,with standout performances fromCommons,Griffiths,Johanson,Brown,Denayer,and Van Dyk……….
Effectively the whole team played well in the games and i think they will be glad to play a new opponent ,with Aberdeen drawing against Dundee yesterday celtic opened up a 5 point gap in the league with a game in hand ,Celtic now go to St Mirren the basement bhoys on the 3rd of april ,with only a handful off games to go before the end of the season ,Celtic are looking good for the league title,and with a semi final against Inverness in late april in the Scottish cup,the treble is very much on in Ronnie Deilas first season as boss…
All in all the last few weeks have been great im pleased with the teams progress and the club keeps moving in the right direction,sometimes a wee glance over the city makes things even sweeter ,while the hoops move ahead the tribute act in govan are again in turmoil ,that’s for another post ,today is about focusing on the champions of Scotland and the nations most succesful club Glasgow Celtic hh troops enjoy the rest of the season …..
Celtic Park, Glasgow
Saturday, March 21, 2015
(Mackay-Steven 15, Guidetti 33, Denayer 45)
CELTIC capped off their run of four games in a row against Dundee United with a scintillating 3-0 win over the Terrors at Paradise in the SPFL Premiership today (Saturday).A trio of strikes in the first-half from Gary Mackay-Steven, John Guidetti and Jason Denayer put paid to any hopes of Jackie McNamara claiming a victory against Ronny Deila’s side and helped the Hoops go five points clear of Aberdeen in the league with a game in hand.Today’s meeting marked the fourth consecutive game between the sides following their two tussles in the Scottish Cup quarter-final and their League Cup final clash over the past fortnight.The Hoops had emerged victorious in two of those contests, lifting the League Cup in the process, and accomplished that without former Dundee United duo Gary Mackay-Steven and Stuart Armstrong as the pair were cup-tied.
The new Bhoys were eligible for today’s league clash, however, and immediately returned to the starting XI. Stefan Johansen was also restored to the side following suspension and John Guidetti replaced Leigh Griffiths up front.The Bhoys started on the front foot, keen to carry on their good form against McNamara’s side, and it wasn’t long before they raced into the lead when a good move from left to right saw Ambrose receive the ball on the wing from Brown.The Nigerian controlled the pass and picked out Mackay-Steven in acres of space outside the box, giving the talented winger time to take a touch to set his sights before he sent an unstoppable drive with his left foot beyond Cierzniak and into the corner of the net to give the Bhoys the lead.
The patient play continued for Celtic, with United offering very little in attack. Any time the visitors won possession and came forward, Jason Denayer and Virgil van Dijk were on hand to break up play and sweep it back to Craig Gordon before the visitors retreated and the Hoops went on the attack again.The second goal then came just after the half-hour mark when precise passing from the Bhoys found Mackay-Steven and Guidetti on the periphery of the 18-yard box.The pair played a neat one-two before Guidetti let fly with his left foot. His shot took a slight nick off Souttar but it wasn’t enough to take it off target and the ball nestled in the back of the net.A string of bad tackles then came in from United and their lack of discipline became their downfall after Paul Paton scythed down Mackay-Steven just outside the box to give Celtic a dangerous free-kick. The midfielder was booked for his tackle but what followed hurt United much more.
Celtic took the set-piece quickly and worked the ball into the area where it landed at the feet of Denayer. He took a touch with his right to steady himself with his back to goal before rolling the ball beyond Cierzniak with the sole of his boot.It was a moment of sheer class from the Belgian defender and summed up Celtic’s stunning first-half.With the game essentially won in the opening 45 minutes, Celtic began the second-half patiently. United on the other hand were fired up and took possession shortly after the restart.The visitors enjoyed a decent spell of play, pushing the Hoops back into their own half but a shot from distance from Telfer and an effort on target for half-time substitute Ryan Dow was all McNamara’s side could muster.That period of pressure from the Taysiders sparked the Hoops back into life and the Bhoys returned to their slick passing on the edge of United’s area.
The high pressing approach won the ball back in great areas for Ronny Deila’s side and led to a good chance for Armstrong outside the box but the midfielder’s shot was off target.The manager then introduced Stefan Scepovic for John Guidetti, before Kris Commons and Liam Henderson also replaced Mackay-Steven and Armstrong.The fresh legs helped the Celts maintain control and they continued to sweep forward in search of a fourth.Henderson looked lively down the left and looked in the mood to make the most of his game time. The young midfielder did well to get involved in the play but he couldn’t find the final ball to create a chance for the Celts.Nir Bitton, who looked as assured as ever in midfield alongside Scott Brown, then had a go from distance, as did Efe Ambrose, but neither could find the target.It mattered little for the Champions, though, and they saw the game out in possession before the manager toasted the win with yet another set of Ronny Roars for the Celtic faithful.
CELTIC (4-2-3-1) Gordon; Ambrose, Denayer, van Dijk, Izaguirre; Brown, Bitton; Mackay-Steven, Johansen, Armstrong (Commons 70); Guidetti (Scepovic 70).
Not used: Zaluska, Griffiths, Fisher, Forrest, Henderson.
DUNDEE UNITED (4-2-3-1) Cierzniak; McGowan, Souttar, Fojut, Dixon; Paton, Rankin, Butcher (Dow 45); Telfer (Muirhead 77), Spittal (Anier 77); Ciftci
Not used: Szromnik, Spark, Connolly, Erskine.
St Mirren v Celtic
3rd April 2015
Kick Off 19:45
LINKSBBC Sport-11 hours agoKris Commons (Celtic) left footed shot from the right side of the box is too … Ryan Dow (Dundee United) wins a free kick in the defensive half.Celtic increase Scottish Premiership lead with a win over Dundee …
SkySports-11 hours agoCeltic 3-0 Dundee United: Gary Mackay-Steven nets against former …
Daily Mail-10 hours agoCeltic 3 Dundee United 0: Celtic get another win against faltering …
Scottish Daily Record-11 hours agoPreview: Celtic vs. Dundee United
Sports Mole-19 Mar 2015
BBC Sport – 11 hours ago
Celtic extend their lead at the top of the Scottish Premiership with a third successive win over …
- Celtic increase Scottish Premiership lead with a win over Dundee United
SkySports – 12 hours ago
- Celtic v Dundee United: Niggle is understandable – Craig Gordon
- Follow The Celtic Footsoldiers on WordPress.com
- Celtic vs Dundee Utd saga Ends With Another Fine Win 4 Games 3 Wins 1 draw 10 Goals For 1 Against..And A Nice Shiney Cup!!! March 22, 2015
- Celtic 4-0 Dundee Utd Scottish Cup Replay Trebles On !! March 18, 2015
- Celtic lift First Silverware On The Way to The Treble…. March 17, 2015
- 30 mins to kick off Celtic V Dundee Utd League Cup Final thoughts HH March 15, 2015
- So ‘The Dave King ‘And The 3 Bears Era Has Begun!! March 15, 2015
- Sevco5088 Rewind”Sevco Conundrum Mud Sticks” March 8, 2015
- Sevco5088’Pain-No Gain’ March 8, 2015
- New Balance x Celtic – The latest team to join the NB Football family March 7, 2015
- It’s Time To Play Musical Chairmans!!!!!!.. March 6, 2015
- T.I.F.O..’s From Around The World…… March 4, 2015
- Celtic 4-0 Aberdeen-Thoughts-Pics-…’Is Time Up On The Challenge From The North.!! March 2, 2015
- A ..Month That Could Make ‘ A Season’ ..!! February 28, 2015
- Milan – Here Come The Celts! February 26, 2015
- The Rumjacks Featured Playlist February 24, 2015
- New Page Added Liverpool Fc..Various Category Will Have Reblogs And Various World Football February 24, 2015
- Lost in…Glasgow (Celtic) February 24, 2015
- Scottish Premier League Review: February 21-22 February 24, 2015
- Gaffer on the lookout to strengthen February 23, 2015
- Celtic Park Prepares for Milan-Pics-Links-Thoughts!!.. February 19, 2015
- SEVCO 5088 aka (rangers 1873-2012 deceased Quiz) February 18, 2015
- The Cheek Of ..Milan!!!! February 17, 2015
- Celtics Run Goes on Despite Late Surge from St Johnstone February 17, 2015
- español televisión discusión sobre fútbol (aka Spanish Rangers video) February 17, 2015
- Alcohol and Scottish Football Lethal Mix/Unless February 17, 2015
- Debut Delight For New Bhoys As Celtic Move 3 points Clear/Highlights/Pics……….. February 17, 2015
- Celtic Cruise Control In Scottish Cup 5th Round Tie!! February 7, 2015
- Envy.’Its Sevco’s Middle Name!!!!!.. February 7, 2015
- Commons Signs Up For Another Two Years As Celtic See Sense… February 5, 2015
- Celtic Go Easy On The Tribute Act/Celtic 2-0 Sevco5088 League Cup Semi-Final 1st Feb 2015 ……….. February 2, 2015
- Murrays to Blame For Fall Of Ranger 1873-2012.. January 29, 2015
- SONGS ALLOWED-SONGS THEYLL SING-LEAGUE CUP SEMI FINAL 1ST FEB 2015 CELTIC V SEVCO5088 January 29, 2015
- THIS IS RANGERS ”’WE ARE SEVCO”’!..Down Memory Lane.. January 28, 2015
- League Cup Woedown-Sevco Shouldnt Share The Field With ‘Scotlands Most Successful Club’.. January 27, 2015
- Celtic 4-0 Motherwell Match Report/Thoughts/Pics/Video Highlights..HH January 22, 2015
- #Breaking Mysterious appearances at Bayern Munich, Stamford Bridge and Juventus, Rio Brazil January 21, 2015
- Hamilton 0-2 Celtic 17th Jan 2015 Thoughts/Match Report/Pics/Highlights… January 19, 2015
- League Cup Tie Should Be Played Behind Closed Doors To Avoid Trouble.. January 18, 2015
- European Nights 1967-1980 Podcast January 18, 2015
- Sevco… The Game Time Forgot!! January 16, 2015
- #Football Manchester City striker Guidetti nears permanent Celtic move January 7, 2015
Twitter Maclad1888My Tweets
Nxt Match Season 2014-15St Mirren v Celtic Scottish Premiership Kick Off 19:45April 3rd, 20157 days to go.
- Brown praised on Celtic and Scotland effect (Lost Bhoys) March 27, 20159:06 PM Mar 27, 2015: Celtic and Scotland midfielder John Forrest has praised his captain on both teams, Scott Brown, for his contribution to club and country.
- Deila explains why he wants intense competition in area of Celtic squad (Here is the City) March 27, 20157:00 PM Mar 27, 2015: Celtic manager Ronny Deila has stressed the need for all players to chip in with goals over the rest of the season.
- Murray admits no Nomad as he pleads with the SFA (VideoCelts) March 27, 20156:15 PM Mar 27, 2015: "We have until April 4 to do that but that timescale wasn't to our choosing...
- Former West Ham And Celtic Striker Reunited With Colleague He Kicked In Face (Sabotage Times) March 27, 20155:45 PM Mar 27, 2015: And you thought Jeremy Clarkson was bad.
- Brown praised on Celtic and Scotland effect (Lost Bhoys) March 27, 2015
Irate Rangers FAN vents Anger at Current Situation At His Beloved Club
- 45,753 hits
Europa League or Champions League
Top Posts & Pages
- Author Archives
- Celtic History
- Celtic Legends
- Celtic News..
- Celtic Programmes
- Celtic Views
- Celtic Way
- Cfc Gallerys
- Desktop Wallpapers
- Down Memory Lane
- Europe 2014-15
- Europe Archive
- Fixtures 2014-15
- Irish News
- Latest Links
- League Highlights 2014-15
- Liverpool FC
- Maclad1888/You Tube
- Match Reports 2014-15
- Old Blog
- Player Profiles
- Scottish Cup/League Cup
- Sevco Media
- Sevco Posts
- Sevconian Dictionary
- Top 10s
- Transfer News 2014-15
- Various Video
- World Football